Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Yoga on a sailboat

One of the things I was curious about when we decided to be boaters and live on a boat for months at a time was how could I do some yoga.  Over the past 10-15 years I have enjoyed yoga on and off and wanted to be able to do some if I decided I'd like to. It is healthful and I enjoy it although I don't do as much as I should. Moondance is a small boat with limited interior space, where or how was it going to be possible for me to do a little yoga on a boat?  I know there are lots of places on shore including the beach, or on the dock, but how about on a boat. While in Europe I did it in the train station waiting on trains :)...
Thankfully we picked a catamaran which means she has a trampoline :). Not sure why catamarans have trampolines, I'm sure it has a lot of uses. But for me I immediately thought ah ha... Yoga!!  So while out on the ICW during this holiday season I decided to try it out. So I did a little yoga on the trampoline while we were motoring. I am glad to say it was great, quiet, peaceful and calming being on the water. I didn't try any standing poses, only sitting and lying poses. Next trip I may try a couple standing poses, but I think I'll make sure John knows so he can warn me about the wakes from boats.

Inside Moondance is another story there isn't a lot of room for yoga. The only place inside would be in the starboard guest cabin. Maybe I'll try that on a rainy day.

Life Is Good, Sail On !!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment